Monday, August 20, 2012

Why I Love Corban

Hey ya'll! So it's only about ten after 9, and I leave in just SEVEN hours for Disneyland. Ahhh! My first-ever time to Disneyland. This is so exciting. Second time in California this summer. The first visit was with Andrew and his mom when we went to go see her family in June. I had a blast and I dearly wish I could go back. Andrew and I are actually thinking of moving there when we get married, but that's another story for another day. Today, I have a blog topic to post about.

Ready?

Today's random fact about me: I love Corban. There are many, MANY reasons for this, so I won't try to list them all, but I'll give you a few.
1) The campus is absolutely GORGEOUS. If you've never visited, you totally should. The school is on a steep hill, but it is OH so worth it to visit. The best part of the year is going back in the fall because it still looks like summer, and also late spring when we get out because all the flowers are just blooming and it looks like the campus has awakened from the dead...of winter, that is.
2) The professors are phenomenal. Granted, they have grades to give out and assignments for us all to dread, but they're really quite cordial and usually fun. The campus is pretty small, so when they ask you a personal question, you know they really care. It's truly wonderful.
3) The students. I have met two of my closest and dearest friends at this school and formed many, many friendships with people who I really enjoy hanging out with. It's not like in high school where sometimes you hang out with people because you feel obligated to be nice but you're not terribly fond of them (although fortunately for me, I had a great little circle of friends that I loved hanging out with). On this campus, we're a family. And yeah, there's drama sometimes, but for the most part, we all get along pretty well. I know I've met people here who I'll be friends with for the rest of my life. I truly believe that.

Those are just a few of the reasons I love Corban, and as I said, there are a lot more, but it would take days to lay those out, so this is just a smattering. It's a great place to go to school, and I honestly don't know what I'm going to do when I graduate, because I've formed such awesome friendships and made such great memories. But until then, I have two great years left at this school, and I plan to make the most of them!

No comments: