Oh my goodness. You guys, I'm so excited. I'm crazy, and I'm sometimes a little bit too forward, but I'm pretty stoked about what's going on right now.
A couple years ago, I was chatting with my second mom (my mom's best friend who I consider as one of my many moms) at our group's annual New Years Eve party. We got talking about facebook and how people always use it as their personal complaint department. For a while after I got facebook, I would always complain about how much homework I had or how much I didn't want to do this or that assignment. She made the comment, "So stop complaining about it on facebook and just DO it!" I'm not sure why, but somehow that sparked in me an intense desire to do something I'd never thought of before. I made a New Years resolution. I'd never done it before and I haven't done it since, but that New Years, I resolved to never, EVER complain on facebook again. If I was going to post something, it would be funny, insightful, or simply written in an attempt to make people smile.
So I've been doing that for the last two years (can anyone say longest New Years resolution record EVER?), and a few people here and there had commented to me that they were incredibly appreciative of the fact that my updates were always so positive. Those comments made me smile, but yesterday, I came home from work after a pretty intense situation with a customer who made me REALLY mad, and I wanted so badly to just vent about it on facebook in my usual sarcastic manner. But instead, I found myself opening up my personal challenge to all of my 700+ facebook friends. And suddenly, today, when I came home from work and opened up facebook, (and excuse the Disney cliche), it was literally a whole new world! 95% complaint-free.
Needless to say, I am incredibly impressed so far. Granted, today may have just been a miracle overnighted by some mysterious packaging system, but still, awesome. The experiment gets better from here -- we'll see who holds out.
Disneyland countdown: 3 days!
And, 24 hours away from 100+ days of daily, dedicated blogging!
No comments:
Post a Comment