Thursday, July 26, 2012

Programming, Paperwork, and Pyrotechnics

I think today qualifies as the most exciting day of this entire week. I actually got up at a decent hour. Lately I've not been able to drag myself out of bed until afternoon. I'm not entirely sure why I've been so tired, but it may have something to do with Netflix and being really, REALLY addicted to a show my brother introduced me to -- Burn Notice. Unfortunately, Netflix only has up through season 4 of this show, so I can't watch any further episodes, but hey, it's still a good show. Besides, I've heard there's some crazy plot twists in season 5 and 6. In any case, that would be my reason for sleeping so much this week. It's a good show, so if you haven't seen it and you're into the whole world of spies and trickery and such, I'd advise you to check it out.

Today really consisted of one main mission: Get down to Albany to get a long-lost transcript from Linn Benton. I had been planning this trip for quite some time, but something always seemed to come up that prevented me from going to order this vital piece of paper. See, I took Honors American Literature when I was a junior in high school, and we had this opportunity to get college credit for it. I jumped on that bandwagon so fast it even made my head spin! I figured I was doing myself a favor, preparing for the future. That assumption was basically correct, so until this spring, I hadn't had a reason to need that transcript or credit. However, my advisor had been pushing me for a while to get the transcript so that I could count the credit towards another class that I took as a freshman. So I begrudingly determined to make the half hour trek -- with a co-pilot, of course. My mom couldn't go because she had prior obligations, and David sleeps most of the morning, so I called on my ever-diligent and oh-so-wonderful boyfriend Andrew, who, for those who haven't met him, is by far one of the sweetest guys you'll ever meet. And I'm not just saying that because I'm biased -- he's simply that kind of guy. Everyone who has ever met him agrees on that (which makes me all the more lucky, honestly). Anyway, Andrew and I drove down to Albany to settle the issue of the long-lost transcript, and after walking halfway across campus to the business office and being redirected to another building, we ended up where we needed to be, got the paperwork filled out, paid the fee and were on our merry way.

That was probably the most exciting part of the day. However, tonight's been a whirlwind too. Dad and I are planning our Disney vacation for next month, and he'd been pressing me to sort of make a game plan for how our days in the park were going to go down. Anyone who's ever been knows that Disneyland is a BIG park. Not only are there a LOT of rides, but there are simply a lot of details to keep track of. So Dad and I divvied out the park by "land". We picked the big-ticket rides and worked them into the rest of the schedule, which is currently jam-packed for the first day and pretty laidback on day two. We were lucky enough to get a fireworks view room at our hotel, which means we can watch them the first night we're down there. So while everyone else is enjoying the magic that is Disney pyrotechnics, we will be hopping on every available and short-lined ride. It's a good deal. I'm pretty stoked.

In other random news, on our way home, Andrew and I came across this sign. I almost died laughing.





No comments: